Thursday, September 18, 2008

The Kissing Hand

I am presently homeschooling Precious for her kindergarten year. We have been blessed with a wonderful school in our community that provides a classroom environment once a week (and for older students twice a week) for homeschooling kids. So even though I am homeschooling, I am also sending my daughter off to school for the first time.

Many years ago my practicum teacher gave me a beautiful picture book as a gift. The book was called "The Kissing Hand" written by Audrey Penn. I pulled it out a couple of weeks ago because it is THE PERFECT story to read to your child the eve before her first day of school.

I will admit that my sentimentalism got a hold of me and my throat grew tight as I read this aloud to my daughter. And yes, the dam of tears broke when we exchanged our own "kissing hands". So for those moms (or teachers) who can handle getting choked up a bit, consider this wonderful book!

Photobucket

No comments:

Post a Comment

A note from you to me? Thank you!