Thursday, August 07, 2008

God's Way

"For my thoughts are not your thoughts,
Nor are your ways My ways,"
says the LORD.
"For as the heavens are higher than the earth,
So are My ways higher than your ways,
And My thoughts than your thoughts."
~ Isaiah 55:8,9


I think: "Hurry up girls - We're going to be late ... again"!
God's thinking: "Slow down girls ... I'm protecting you from that accident."

I think: "Wouldn't it be wonderful to have it all?"
God's thinking: "I'll give you what you can handle and see if I can trust you with the small things."

I think: "My kids are driving me crazy and making me into a terrible mommy!"
God's thinking: "I'm using those crazy kids to help you to trust in Me for strength."

I think: "I don't want my kids to get hurt or be sick. Why can't they always be safe and healthy."
God's thinking: "I need to give you a reason to turn to Me. You get so caught up in living by your own means that you sometimes need a reminder of who is really in control."

I think: "What if ..."
God's thinking: "Many are the plans in your heart, but My purposes will prevail. Don't worry about the what ifs, focus on the what fors."

1 comment:

  1. Good reminders. I hate those crazy days but love when I can look back and see how much God has grown me through them!

    I'm enjoying your blog. I'll be back :)

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!