Tuesday, July 15, 2008

You know it is summertime when . . .

... you get giddy just plugging in your new set of patio lights.
... there is a constant supply of sand near the front door.
... flip flops are your best friend.
... there are way too many inflatable beach toys hanging around the house.
... swimming suits and beach towels are hung on the banister.
... an enormous amount of cherries have made their way into your fridge.
... spending $3 on an ice cream cone seems really very reasonable.
... your petunias and marigolds are looking a little wilted and you don't really care.
... eating outside is the norm.
... the beach toys and the beach blanket never leave the back of the van.

Today it was definitely summertime!

2 comments:

  1. Great post! I love summer! Haven't made it to the beach as much as I'd like (with me working) but I am sure enjoying the weather! Your sister has my kids this week and I'm sure they'll get lots of beach time there! She is a brave lady, taking someone else's three boys but she is so good with them and they were so happy to go!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I hope they have a wonderful "summertime" week!

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!