Tuesday, May 06, 2008

Moments to Treasure

I am only in my early 30s, but I grew up on old timers music. I feel right at home with a bouncy bluegrass or heartfelt southern gospel tune. The infamous Gaithers are part of my comfort repertoire and today I am reminded of one of their good ole gospel numbers.

You see, today at 6 weeks old, Sprinkles held her head up high as I burped her over my shoulder. This was the first time that she has shown such strength.

And today my terrific two year old, Sweetness, actually bruised her little behind by repeatedly landing on it at the bottom of a slide. This is a glimpse of her determined nature.

And today my Precious One asked me with a silly chuckle, "Have you ever seen a diamond ring turn into grass?" while listening to "Hush Little Baby". This is just another analytical question coming from the mouth of a babe.

That's why today the Gaither's song, "We Have This Moment", is hitting home. Because today, treasured moments almost went unnoticed.

We have this moment to hold in our hands.
And to touch and to feel as it slips through our fingers like sand.
Yesterday is gone,
And tomorrow may never come,
But we have this moment today.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A note from you to me? Thank you!