Monday, May 12, 2008

Making a Splash!

Precious, my 4 1/2 year old, is presently enrolled in swimming lessons at the "Floaters" level. This is her second time around as a "Floater". Yes, my daughter failed (politically incorrect mama here). She still got a sticker in her little swimming report booklet, but it was a small one with a little note saying "Please re-enrol". She will not become part of the much distinguished "Gliders" until she is able to glide forwards and backwards at least 3 metres.

Well, today was a break through for my Precious One. While the instructor was guiding floats and glides with other individual students, my daughter was "practicing" near the side of the pool by paddling like a maniac. This is otherwise known as treading water!!!!! Not only did she tread water for a large part of her 30 minute lesson, but near the end of her lesson she went from treading water like a maniac into a perfect Star float position all by herself!!!!! I usually am a very modest mother - I know that my kids are not "exceptional" in all that they do. But I feel I have the right to brag about this rather exceptional achievement for Precious at this time. It won't be long and she'll be gliding her way with the best of them! Mama's proud Precious.

1 comment:

  1. Don't be afraid to brag on 'em once in awhile - and let them overhear you do it! Its good for them - and for you! Good job to the kiddo for hangin' tough!

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!