Monday, May 05, 2008

Getting Organized





Meal planning isn't a new thing for me. In fact on many occasions I have attempted it - I just haven't been very good at it. I have a dear friend who is an expert stay-at-home mom. She's one of those moms who has her freezer consistently stocked with pre-made meals and has her menu plan posted neatly on her kitchen chalkboard. I have tried, but to no avail. My freezer just doesn't stay full and by the second week of meal planning my attention span has wavered.

So thank goodness for Laura at I'm an Organizing Junkie. She may just be the inspiration that I've been waiting for . . .

Monday ~ Black bean and chicken wraps
Tuesday ~ Baked chicken using a Swiss Chalet seasoning mix, mashed potatoes, steamed carrots, green salad
Wednesday ~ Husband's birthday - dinner out!
Thursday ~ Crock pot pork chops with applesauce and sour kraut, steamed green beans, green salad
Friday ~ Movie night with chicken wings, nachos, fruit platter
Saturday ~ Burgers, potato fries, green salad
Sunday ~ Mother's Day

My new recipe for the week was the refried black beans for the black bean and chicken wrap - Yummy!


3 tbsp vegetable oil
1 medium onion, finely chopped
1 jalapeno pepper, minced (didn't use and the recipe was still delicious)
3 cloves garlic, minced
1 tsp ground cumin

Saute these ingredients for 15 minutes and then add:

1 can (19oz) black beans, drained and rinsed
1 large ripe tomato, peeled and chopped
1 tsp salt
pepper to taste

While cooking, mash the mixture with a potato masher. It can be chunky or smooth. Enjoy!

Recipe came from More Easy Beans.

1 comment:

  1. Thanks for inspiring me to be more oranized with my meal planning!

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!