Sunday, April 13, 2008

Three's a Crowd?

Since becoming a mother of three, I've noticed that a few strange phenomenons have started to emerge. Phenomenons that I hadn't read about in any parenting book. I guess some parenting experiences are just that - experiences - and possibly not worthy of being written in some bestsellers text, but definitely worthy of being written in my blog.

I have ventured out of the house on my own with all three kids three times so far. I have concluded that I must stick out like a sore thumb. Perfect strangers seem to feel obligated to engage in a conversation with me and my girls. Their conversations usually begin with "Are all three of them yours?" and are quickly followed by a comment like "You're going to be a busy mama" (which I already was/am). Is it that unusual to see a mama of 3 out in public? Maybe it is.

I know every mama has too much laundry to do, but add a little munchkin who spits up after every feeding and has explosive #2s, and the laundry starts to look insurmountable. Thank goodness I have a husband who has consented to doing his own laundry!

Time has become a valuable commodity. Not that it wasn't before, but now it is even more so. Hence, the hiring of a cleaning lady. I know that everyone says "to just let it go". But you know what? I can't. I like having a clean house. A dirty house makes my stress antennas start flashing and that's scary for everyone.

Oh by the way . . .

A Sprinkle's milestone: During this past week, Sprinkles graduated from newborn sleepers to full-on 3 month size! Size number 1 diapers have also started to make their presence in her life.

1 comment:

  1. I know exactly how you feel about going out with your three little ones! I hear the same thing daily! Isn't it odd that three children is considered a big family these days! I love reading your blog. I'm a crying mama too!
    Harmony

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!