Wednesday, April 16, 2008

Please Leave a Message After the Beeeeep

One of the perks, or should I say quirks, of working from home is that there are days when the phone seems to be attached to your ear. Yesterday was one of those days:

8:30 - (call out) Conference call staff meeting - enjoyed my morning hot drink
9:15 - (call in) work related call - almost made it into the shower
9:30 - (call out) personal call to a friend - fed Baby Sprinkles
10:05 - (call in) work related - almost got the girls out of the bath
10:45 - (call in) work related - had my shower and am almost dressed
11:15 - 2:30 - left the house to escape the phone
2:30 - checked my answering machine - 2 calls - one from the dentist and one from my husband
2:45 - (call out)- confirmed dentist appointments for Wed.
2:47 - (call out) - called husband to clarify his message
2:49 - (call out) - personal/work related call to cancel daycare on Friday
5:00 - (call in) - husband called to say he'll be late getting home
5:15 - (call in) - grandma called about birth of cousin's baby girl
5:50 - (call in) - babysitter called to confirm arrangement for Saturday
6:05 - (call in) - neighbor called about sharing some homemade tzatziki
6:45 - husband got home from work and the phone remained silent for the evening. phew

Scary to think about our home's phone activity once the girls turn into tweens and teens. Separate lines, cell phones, hmmm. . .

3 comments:

  1. Oh my goodness, that's some serious phone usage. I don't know how you do it! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Jessica,

    I have a little something for you here:

    http://serenityhow.com/?p=113

    ReplyDelete
  3. Jessica,
    Stopped by your blog again and am enjoying it! Seems like our phone is constantly ringing too. I can relate. Hope you have a great weekend!
    Genny

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!