Friday, March 28, 2008

For Sweetness

At the arrival of her baby sister, Sweetness has suddenly been thrown into the role of the "Middle Child". Often I've heard the term "neglected" be used in front of the "Middle Child" title, but so far I don't think Sweetness is suffering from any neglect.

At 2 and a half, Sweetness stands out due to her loving character. Not only does she love to be loved, but she loves to love. Telling her to use "gentle hands" is usually unnecessary since gentle hands are simply part of her nature. She is the one who races to the door to give daddy a hug when he comes home. She says "I love you" without being asked. She brings toys to a sad sister to make her feel better. She loves to cuddle in the morning, after a nap, with a favorite book, after an ow-wee, and even to just hang out.

Since her baby sister's arrival, Sweetness has asked to hold the baby after EVERY feeding. In the morning the first words out of her mouth are, "Can I hold Baby Sprinkles?". (Yes the girls are still referring to the baby as "Sprinkles" rather than her given name "Cassie"). Again, Sweetness's gentle hands come into play - she is filled with endless caresses and kisses for her baby sister.

Thank you Sweetness for being just you. For showing me the loveliness of a gentle spirit. Daddy always says that he is going to buy you a heart shaped locket when you get a little older. He always says, "A golden heart locket because she has a heart of gold."

1 Peter 3:3,4 ~ Do not let your adornment be merely outward . . . rather let it be the hidden person of the heart, with the incorruptible beauty of a gentle and quiet spirit, which is very precious in the sight of God.

2 comments:

  1. Your posts about your precious family have really touched me lately! It really reminds me that I need to stop and reflect on each individual's beauty and qualities. Thank you!

    Blessings,
    SHera

    ReplyDelete
  2. waaaaaah!

    I'm totally bawling here! That is so beautiful and touching... and I'm so PMSing!

    Thank you for letting us have this precious little snapshot into your heart and your family (((hugs)))

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!