Friday, February 15, 2008

Preschool Activities - Computer Geek Toddler

My oldest daughter was 3 years old before she was exposed to "technology". We didn't have a TV or a computer in our home so opportunities for popular culture exposure were limited to visits to Nana's and Papa's house. At 3 years old, the computer arrived along with the DVD disc drive which now provided a bounty of exposure to Dora and Diego. My innocent 3 year old was easily motivated to learn how to manipulate the keyboard and the mouse so that she could do her favorite "buttons". The motivation has been even greater for my second daughter, who is now 2 and a half, and can manipulate the keyboard and mouse like an expert! Sometimes I wonder if this is "ok", but at the same time I am fascinated at how adaptable kids are to the world around them. I have to admit that I am intrigued with many of the preschool directed websites. I love it when I happen upon a really great site. Here are a few that are mine and my kids's favorites:

Peep and the Big Wide World - Each day this site has a new 2-5 minute animated video featuring Peep, Chirp, and Quack. The videos are usually related to Science type topics.

Treehouse TV - Preschool Kids Activities - Just a whole lot of stuff!

Playhouse Disney - Lotsa Fun!

British Council - Learn English for Kids - This site sounds really boring but my kids LOVE the songs and videos.

ENJOY!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A note from you to me? Thank you!