Thursday, February 14, 2008

A Day in the Life - A Whole Lot of Lovin' Going On

As my kids grow older, Valentine's has transitioned from being a "lovey" affair to being more of a family affair. My husband and I do have an 8:15 reservation tonight for a dinner without munchkins, but I still have not got a gift or a card for him! The girls received their stuffed pink and purple Valentine hearts(from daddy), a heart shaped box of Smarties (from daddy), a Kinder egg (from daddy), a princess package (from mommy), and a necklace making kit (from mommy), but for my hubby ... nothing. The problem has been that my husband has been home the past week and everytime I have an opportunity to run an errand by myself, he decides he and the girls are going to come along. Needless to say, I have not been able to escape his company long enough to purchase a card or even a little chocolate covered marshmallow heart. ARRGGHH! I know he's hiding surprises for me in his closet ... Maybe he'll be surprised too when he finds out that I will be showing my love this Valentine's in a less materialistic way. I love my husband!

2 comments:

  1. This is just a day late, but I hope you had a wonderful Valentine's Day!!! ((hugs))

    ReplyDelete
  2. Christine - You're sweet!

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!