Wednesday, January 09, 2008

My Pregnant Belly

I am now 29 weeks!

I'm not sure how this happens but it seems that the more kids I have, the faster the pregnancy draws to an end. I remember when I was in the hospital after my first munchkin was born, there was a mom who went into labour at 27 weeks. Obviously not a good thing, but it still makes me think - "Yikes/Wow, there's an actual baby under that belly lump!".

A few other interesting things to note with this pregnancy:

1. My cravings are short but profound. Anything from dill pickles, to grapefruits, to navel oranges, to an egg, cheese, and bacon english muffin.

2. I'm measuring small - again - so I get to have another ultrasound at 36 weeks just to make sure all is well. Another chance to find out whether it's a boy or a girl . . . we'll see . . .

3. I have serious pelvic pain. I have started searching for a pregnancy belt. Last weekend I went through a play land with my 2 year old - through the balls, down the slides, etc. By the bottom I couldn't walk. I felt like that lady at our first prenatal course who could barely walk. At the time my husband and I were thinking "What's up with her?" - Now I know. . .

4. "Sprinkles" is moving like crazy. I have never had a baby move this much which causes me a little concern since my first two babies were so easy. Either Sprinkles is one hyperactive baby, or I'm eating too much sugar, OR it's a boy!

Two and a half months are left to prepare the nursery and allow all my nesting instincts to kick in. I can't wait!

No comments:

Post a Comment

A note from you to me? Thank you!