Friday, January 11, 2008

A Day in the Life - Movie Night

The last time that I went to the movie theatre was before my oldest was born - that's over four years ago. You know what? I'm ok with that. Recently, I received a couple of movie gift certificates and so tonight the family is off to the theatre! The movie of choice?: The Pirates Who Don't Do Anything: A Veggie Tales Movie. Well, actually this wasn't the movie of first choice. I had wanted to take the family to a Christmas movie (I've been hanging onto these gift certificates for a couple of months). The only Christmas movie that seemed remotely appropriate was Alvin and the Chipmunks. But after reviewing Focus on the Family's review, I decided that Alvin and the somewhat crude Chipmunks weren't something that my 2 and 4 year old needed to be influenced by. Maybe Focus on the Family is too hard core, or maybe I am. Or maybe desensitization is something that I find terribly frightening . Either way, I have decided to invest our family's time and popcorn monies into the Veggie Tales movie - even though , (according to Focus on the Family), it's Christian message is watered down. The girl's are both going to wear their Veggie Tales t-shirts tonight - It should be fun!

2 comments:

  1. We just went to see the Veggie Tales movie yesterday and loved it. I won't spoil the ending, but let's just say the musical number at the end had me laughing so hard I think my oldest DD was embarassed of me!

    Also, when the King spoke at the end I got a little choked up. :-)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I remembered getting a little teary eyed too. I blame my weepiness on being pregnant. But it sounds like it's not just me that the vegetables can get to!

    ReplyDelete

A note from you to me? Thank you!