Thursday, December 20, 2007

A Bit of Scripture

This is a passage of scripture that I have been memorizing lately. It is the 100th Psalm.

Shout joyfully to the LORD all the earth.
Serve the LORD with gladness.
Come before Him with joyful singing.

Know that the LORD Himself is God.
It is He who made us and not we ourselves.
We are His people, the sheep of His pasture.

Enter His gates with thanksgiving, and His courts with praise.
Give thanks to the LORD, bless His name.

For the LORD is good.
His lovingkindness is everlasting.
His faithfulness is to all generations.

As I have been memorizing this scripture, the JOY and DELIGHT that surrounds this Psalm has caused me to question my own joy that I have in the LORD. Do I truly have joy as I sing, or do I sing by rote as daily life distracts and burdens me down? Do I fearfully believe that the LORD is God, or is God so distant that I forget the awesomeness of Him? Do I truly feel like one of His own, or do I wander my own path seeking my own direction? Do I have a thankful heart, or are my blessings just taken for granted? Thank goodness that the LORD is good and that His lovingkindness has no end. His faithfulness continues in spite of all of me.

No comments:

Post a Comment

A note from you to me? Thank you!